Our Purpose, Mission, & Values
Training people to live and die well.
As an institution of Christian higher education, EBC exists to glorify God through graduates whose lives are transformed by rigorous study of the Bible as Scripture, impassioned love for God, and gracious service in the church for the world.
In fulfilling this mission we are committed to:
1. The ultimate authority and sufficiency of the Word of God
2. A biblically sound partnership with the local church
3. An intellectually rigorous pursuit of ultimate and applied truth
4. A global perspective of the body of Christ
5. A spirit of gracious yet fearless engagement in the world
6. Learning that consists of content, incarnation, and action
7. An education accessible to all who truly desire it
8. Knowledge which results in humility rather than arrogance.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Establishing a comprehensive understanding of the Bible and a consistent practice of applying it.
- Developing servant-leaders, equipped for lives of sacrificial ministry as part of a community of believers regardless of their chosen vocation.
- Encouraging growth in the student’s whole person, manifested in a worldview that demonstrates a passion for God and a love for all kinds of people.
- Developing effective thinkers, communicators, and problem solvers.
- Cultivating gracious and educated contributors to contemporary society.
- Fostering an understanding of God’s global purposes.
- Partnering with the local church in order to ensure personal training and application to every area of life.
- Providing an inexpensive education that is accessible to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, income, or geographical location.